Our stellar Head of School, Mrs. Laura Ceretti-Michelman, delivered the official State of Villa di Maria Address Thursday eve with a follow-up recap at Friday morning’s parent coffee.
In a nutshell:
- Our school is healthy and thriving!
- Tours have increased significantly compared to this time last year.
- Retention is high across the board from Primary to Lower Elementary and from Lower Elementary to Upper Elementary.
- Contributing factors to this trend include our beautifully updated, user-friendly website (courtesy of Teresa Muehlemann, owner of Stan Gellman Graphic Design), a new targeted marketing strategy with the assistance of our advertising consultant and, of course, the sharing of Montessori experiences from our current VdM families to family and friends- nothing compares to word of mouth!
- Annual reports will be distributed to all currently enrolled families within the next two weeks.
- All things positive to report on all fronts!
- Our VdM annual campaign was a great success- we will be gunning for 100% participation next year!
- Phase 1 will begin this August after the close of Camp Pegnita; Phase 1 includes a new Elementary building, a pool house (equipped with locker rooms, restrooms and a Camp Pegnita office) and a new pavilion
- We’re on target for all start dates, and these first new buildings will be completed by the end of the 2016-2017 school year.
- Stay tuned for more exciting fundraising opportunities to assist with the construction and completion of ALL of our new buildings over the next few years!
- Our Elementary program has experienced such growth that Villa di Maria will have TWO, yes TWO, Lower Elementary classrooms this fall! Mrs. Anna Schwind and Mrs. Megan Eilers will be our directresses with Mrs. Melinda Smith and Mrs. Sophie Andre as assistants.
- Our Upper Elementary classroom will relocate for one year while construction is underway to a beautiful location nearby. A wonderful adventure this will be!
- And, we must share that all of our Elementary classrooms are FULL for this coming school year! That deserves a round of applause and one enthusiastic cheer!
- Many thanks to Kristel Mabie and Melinda Smith for an enormously successful year with all events planned and orchestrated by our Parent Association! Many props to both of these lovely ladies!
- The 2016-2017 Chairs, Tammy Presley and Kathy Favazza, will take the reigns and continue to serve as liaisons between the parents and school, build community through events and activities and support the VdM mission.