Montessori Immersion, a Parent Education Event

Community, by Hilary Lord, November 25, 2019, Leave a Reply

On Saturday several Villa di Maria parents, faculty and staff members gathered for an immersive, hands-on workshop all about the work our children do each day. The participants explored the Children’s House and Elementary environments, worked with the materials firsthand, and received lessons from our guides. Within the classrooms, the participants experienced the freedoms to … Continue reading “Montessori Immersion, a Parent Education Event”

Field Trip! Children’s House Visit to the Sheldon

Children's House, by Hilary Lord, November 21, 2019,

Yesterday, our Children’s House extended day children took their first field trip of the year. Dressed in their most special concert-going attire, they headed to The Sheldon Concert Hall for Folk Music in the Melting Pot. For some of these students, this was their first field trip ever. For all of them, it was a … Continue reading “Field Trip! Children’s House Visit to the Sheldon”

And We’re Back!

Community, by Hilary Lord, November 18, 2019,

Happy November! The VdM blog has been on a little hiatus, but we are back and ready to talk about all the wonderful things happening in the VdM community. My name is Hilary Lord, and most of you know me as the registrar and business manager. I am also a long-time VdM parent, a former … Continue reading “And We’re Back!”

Circus Night!

Community, by Cab Yau, May 10, 2019,

Screen Free Week brought one of Villa di Maria’s favorite community gatherings – Circus Night! The weather was just warm enough to enjoy snow cones – yay! Getting into the circus state of mind with red noses! We were joined by some seriously skilled face painters! And, a perennial favorite, balloon animals (and other creations!). … Continue reading “Circus Night!”