Villa di Maria Staff Members,
If the stars align and the universe leans in your favor, what THREE things can kick your morning off on the right foot each and every time?
Reghan McAuley (Primary I Directress)-
1. Hot shower
3. Hugs from my girls!
Jess Jente (Primary 1 Assistant)-
1. Must have coffee (preferably iced coffee) already made in my fridge
2. Must have breakfast- toast with almond butter, blueberry jam and banana (if you’re truly curious)
3. I have to leave my house by 7:43 or else I feel late and rushed.
Robyn Milos (Primary II Directress)-
1. Thirty minutes of quiet before anyone gets up
2. A cup of coffee
3. Great music for the drive to school
1. Fresh water in the vase of flowers
2. Great oil blend in the diffuser
3. Sharpened pencils everywhere!
Christina Kerr (Primary II Assistant)-
1. Special green smoothie
2. Special coffee
3. Quiet time
*Christina, We think you need to divulge what makes your smoothies and coffee “special.” You have piqued our interest!
Heather Steinman (Primary III Directress)-
I will say my days start off in a better place if I have had…
1. More than a couple of consecutive hours of sleep
I have spent this year in survival mode (new baby!), but maybe I’ll have early morning yoga and meditation on my list someday.
Maria Burr (Primary III Assistant)-
1. Breakfast: egg over medium with a little salt and lots of pepper (yum!), extra crispy bacon and orange juice with extra pulp
2. Children in car by 7:15 AM, ready to go, buckled up, smiling, holding lunch boxes
3. Nice, leisurely drive with NO traffic, arriving extra early to school
Anna Schwind (Lower Elementary Directress)-
2. Kisses and hugs
(And, a breakfast with protein!)
Sophie Andre (Lower Elementary Assistant)-
1. Peaceful, happy wake up of my daughter
3. Enough sleep
Melissa Urspruch (Lower Elementary Assistant)-
1. An early bed time
2. Time to exercise
3. Lots of natural sunshine when the alarm goes off
Rebecca Callander (Upper Elementary)-
1. A rocking anthem to jump around a bit
2. Hugs from Winston and belly rubs for the cats
3. Some 15-20 minutes of a good read: insightful, humorous, academic- you name it!
And… A clean kitchen
And, And… No traffic on Geyer Road
Melissa Anderson (Upper Elementary Assistant)-
2. Like…four hours of quiet time 😉
Karolina Hanus (Floater and Late Stay Lead)-
1. My cats wake me up by licking my hair and kneading me (they have a biological alarm clock).
2. I spend appropriate amount of time in the bathroom, showering and primping.
3. I eat breakfast, which is almost always delicious, with my best husband.
Nicole Cook (Business Manager)-
1. Wake up at 4:45 AM to avoid feeling rushed
2. Lunches prepared and clothes laid out the night before, ready to roll in the morning
3. Leave the house at 6:30 AM to be at work by 7:00 AM. (It’s a mind thing).
Laura Ceretti-Michelman (Head of School)-
2. Green tea
3. My family working to get out the door on time with house left neat and tidy
*Assumes that fundamental grooming is a necessity for all (e.g. brushing teeth)